This week I joined the Pinterest Challenge started by Emily Henderson from Secrets from a Stylist (HGTV), Sherry and John from YoungHouseLove.com, Joey and Lana from JoeyandLana.com, and Katie and Jeremy from BowerPowerBlog.com.  The challenge?  Actually accomplish something you "Pinned" on Pinterest.  This was just the motivation I needed to tackle our upstairs tini-tiny bathroom.

My Pinterest inspiration (originally pinned by Better Homes & Gardens) was a small cabinet used to hold bathroom goodies.  It made me rethink my options for typical bathroom storage.



We desperately needed storage in this bathroom.  We had nothing but a very old (read : gross...) medicine cabinet over the sink.  We needed room to store our "stuff" - towels, toiletries, extra toilet paper, cotton balls, etc.  I re-purposed this cabinet that used to hold the TV (you may remember it from our Living Room...).   Each of the three bins has specific contents.  One holds "His Stuff," one holds "Her Stuff," and one holds more of "Her Stuff."

The white towels are wedding presents purchased from Restoration Hardware - they are so soft, highly recommended.  The bathmat is from Target.  The canvas bins are from Target (you may remember larger versions used in my workshop/office/utility storage).  The wooden box is from Target.  The vintage Mason jars are from my Grandma's collection (that I now own).

The ONLY thing I purchased for this project is the white molding shelf - from Home Depot, $16.

BEFORE

Since I was on a strict budget for this bathroom ($16!), I had to use materials that I already owned.  Fortunately, I had a lot of boxes in our basement full of goodies leftover from our old house that didn't have a home at the new house yet.


The mirror, driftwood shelf and box (in the mirror's reflection) are all matching wood pieces from Target.  Using all three elements helped me to achieve a cohesive look in the bathroom... with items/materials that wouldn't typically be used in a bathroom.  The mirror is a frame that I spray painted gold and then put a brown glaze over it to create a sophisticated look.  I love botanical prints and these ferns are a great choice for a bathroom and complements our green walls.


The shower stall in this bathroom is very unattractive.  A simple window curtain (63") on a rod covers this eye sore and adds a fresh white element to the bathroom.

Thanks to the Pinterest Challenge team for inspiring me to actually get something done - I'm so glad to have a comfy bathroom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top