Today is the day - the last day to order and receive by Christmas Eve!  We've been counting and re-counting inventory to make sure our numbers are correct and there are a couple of things that we "found" and have been restocked.  If you need some last minute gifts, my Gift Cards make great stocking stuffers and come in a beautiful box ready for giving : )  And, of course $5 shipping on all orders continues!

I'm thinking a little about New Years Eve today, and have stocked up on these Celebration Candles ($9-18.50) to ring in the New Year.  I love at home celebrations for NYE - cozy dinner by the fire, then something fun and spectacular for dessert.

I carry the Creative Candles Celebration Candles in 6" and 15" - in 8 colors.  These Metallic Gold would be the perfect way to make your at home celebration special and festive for midnight.






Here is a photo that shows the scale of the 15" - they really are super tall.  I was going to try to get around to making a decadent chocolate cake layered with whipped cream and raspberries, but after making a birthday cake for Mike last week and a birthday cake for Emma on Monday, I am a little caked out!  So, you'll have to use your imagination : )

In general, the 6" candles look super on cupcakes, and the 15" are great for cakes, or larger desserts.




Here are the gold in 15" - so fun!  I'm going to be giving some as hostess gifts this weekend, too.  I find they are always met with oohs and aahhs, even before lighting.

I have one last product to add before this Holiday season is over - these Paper Souffle Cups, $8 for 20.  I mentioned them a couple of days ago, but haven't had a chance to actually use them yet - again, you'll have to use your imagination : )  They are great when you are having  a big group and don't have enough ramekins, or don't want to deal with the last minute stress of flipping my Chocolate Molten cakes from the cupcake pan with your fingers crossed.

Emma is at home with me today and we are going to try our hand at turning this recipe for my Chocolate Molten Cakes into an easy Chocolate Souffle.  Since this is the last day of ordering, I wanted to give you a chance to buy even before I share the recipe, in case you have plans for a party and need a great dessert.

I also have hopes of trying a Blue Cheese or Cheddar/Spinach Souffle, ala the Barefoot Contessa, in these, too!  Would be a great accompaniment to the Slow Roasted Beef Tenderloin for Christmas or New Years Eve.  I am planning to use Ina's recipes, but in these cups for an individual size - which always works great for parties.


Chocolate Souffle inspiration, via America's Test Kitchen.  I'll let you know how it goes... hopefully tomorrow!


Blue Cheese Souffle, Barefoot Contessa


Spinach & Cheddar Souffle, Barefoot Contessa via House Beautiful.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top