I had big plans for the Christmas tree this year.  I ordered a Silvertip 
and had it shipped from California.  Itplanned it to arrive the first week of 
December and after my office move I was going full-on in to Christmas decorating.

The office move went perfectly and the next day I came down with the flu.
I am thankful that the flu waited until the move was done I was 
disappointed I just didn't have the energy to do everything I wanted to.



Silvertip trees grow naturally in layers, very much like
the tree I created a few years ago.  Pottery Barn uses these trees
for their catalog, although looking at this post about their trees, it's
clear they must still do some trimming to get that spare feather tree look.



So I've done a much scaled back tree using some things I could easily
get my hands on.  It's mainly pine cone garlands, birds, and leftover
flowers from Thanksgiving and flowers and leaves from the garden.



Even though it wasn't the tree I planned, I still love it.  As much as 
I cherish all my collection of vintage, shiny ornaments, there's something
about using all natural materials that just feels right on a tree.

I hope that everyone is well and preparing for a wonderful time
with your family and friends.

Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top