I am preparing our house for visiting friends and family for the weekend.  For breakfast, I decided to make a fruit platter similar to the one we enjoyed at the East Hampton B&B.  I love the 'help yourself' style of the tray - I'll keep it in the refrigerator all weekend long so we can get it out in the morning, or anyone can grab some fresh fruit for a healthy snack.

 I would love to have a beautiful copper platter like this for my platter, but after looking around my house, I put together my own platter with this gray painted wooden box with bowls.

You might think, why not just put everything in one bowl?  After one day of breakfast the fruit will begin to stain each other - the pineapple will have blue blackberry juice on it, and the bananas will be brown.





I had to mix and match the bowls a little bit for it to work in the box.


I love fresh pineapple.  It is so different from pineapple stored in juice.  It is actually a completely different flavor and texture.  I start by chopping off the top and bottom.


Next, cut down the sides from top to bottom to get the scales (skin?  rind?) off.  Then, I cut it in half, then quarters vertically.  I cut the core out, then slice it into chunks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top