Last weekend, I designed a Baby Bird Baby Shower. Using a neutral theme of cream, grey and ivory, I created a charming event that was perfect for a January shower. Above is the invitation with the glittered bird.

For the favors, I made baby bird sugar cookies...


For cookie decorating, I always use disposable pastry bags with the ends snipped off. It is a very easy, no-fuss method of decorating... no pastry tips and no cleaning bags! For the icing, I use royal icing.

4 egg whites
4 cups of powdered sugar

Beat the egg whites until almost frothy, then add sugar. You may need to add more sugar to reach a thick icing.


Step 1 : Pipe base color as a wing...


Step 2 : "Glitter" the wing using sanding sugar.

Step 3 : Pipe the remaining body of the bird in the same base color, leaving the beak, feet and breast.

Step 4 : Accent the bird with a white breast and pale peach feet and beak.

Step 5 : Add a white eye after the body has hardened.

I made three colors : Ivory, Cream & Grey

I displayed the cookies in a basket. They were packaged in clear bags tied with 'angel fleece' yarn.







For the food display table, I used a linen drapery panel to which I applied 'baby' letters made of yarn wrapped pipe-cleaners. Above, I hung onsies from a yarn clothesline with clothespins. The food was displayed on white platters and cake pedestals with white peonies in bud vases.


I made the letters by forming letters in pipe-cleaners, then wrapping them with yarn.


I quick stitched the letters onto the linen panel.





The Menu :

Ham & Asparagus Quiche
Crab and Chive Quiche
Fruit Platter with Fluffy Fruit Dip
Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread
Spinach, Strawberry & Pecan Salad
Baby Bird Sugar Cookies

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top