This post is long overdue.  When the photoshoot for the Better Homes & Gardens New Cottage Style book took place, I had the pleasure of meeting stylist Stacy Kunstel and photographer Michael Partenio.  Their work is amazing and I thought you would enjoy seeing some it.

Stacy is not only a stylist but an editor, writer and producer.  She is Homes Editor of New England Home magazine, New England Home Cape & Islands, New England Home Connecticut and is regional editor for national magazines Traditional Home, Better Homes & Gardens, Country Living and Renovation Style.

Stacy has her own blog StacyStyle with recurring posts on design, travel and, my favorite, her 5 Best Things of the week.

Here are a few shots she styled. 


This next shot is one I've seen all over the internet and Pinterest and it's one of my favorites.


And here are a few of Stacy's covers.


The next I think is my favorite.


One of the things that impressed me the most about Stacy and Michael, aside from their vision, was their work ethic.  When they arrived at my house, they had been on the road for three weeks, shooting in a different location every few days.  After working all day my house, they had an evening meeting with a client in Boston to go over 2000 photos and then they were back at my house by 9:00 the next morning to finish the job.

Here is some of Michael's work:

Photo:  Michael Partenio


Photo:  Michael Partenio

Photo:  Michael Partenio
 If you love these shots you may want to look through Michael's portfolio. Every luscious shot captures the beauty and air of New England.

Photo:  Michael Partenio

***AND**

If that isn't enough, Stacy and Michael also have a company called Dunes and Duchess that creates the most beautiful handmade (in America) lamps, sconces, candelabra, tables and chairs.









I particularly love their lamp paired with a wood veneer shade.
 



Below is their limed oak candelabra which is quite exquistite.

They just attended the New York International Gift Show (photo of their booth below) where their products were very well received and I'm seeing rave reviews all over the internet.

For more information on where you can buy Dunes and Duchess products, see the main page of their website and scroll down to the bottom.


Stacey Kunstel and Michael Partenio:  I think they're quite the Dynamic Duo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top