Making homemade meatballs is one of those things that people find impossible - it takes too much time, too much hassle, too much skill.  All of those myths couldn't be further from the truth.  I make homemade meatballs on a weekly basis - and it takes about 10 minutes.  I'm not kidding.  I usually have most of these ingredients at home (parmesan, eggs, leftover bread, milk), so this is a very inexpensive dinner... $10 or less.  In the above photo, I paired the meatballs with my Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce.  

This recipe is unique because I use fresh breadcrumbs and milk (instead of dry breadcrumbs) to keep the meatballs moist.


12 Meatballs

2 pounds of ground beef
6 slices of bread  
1/4 cup of milk (not pictured)
1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs
salt & pepper
fresh parsley, chopped

Start by removing the crusts of the bread and tearing the remaining into small pieces, then place into a medium mixing bowl.  



Pour milk onto breadcrumbs and stir.  Add cheese, parsley, salt & pepper, parsley and eggs.  Mix together.













Add ground beef to mixture and combine with your hands - be careful not to compact the mixture - try to keep it light.  Form into balls with an ice cream scoop and place on a baking sheet.  I line mine with parchment paper to reduce clean up.  Bake meatballs at 450 for 4-5 minutes until just browned on outside.  I like the middle of the meatball to remain moist.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top