Yesterday afternoon, I finally found some time to have some 'fun' around the house... and by 'fun' I mean start some projects.  My first project was this Magnolia Leaf Wreath.  I have always loved Magnolia leaves - the rustic matte finish on the back and the glossy deep green contrast on the front.  I'm beyond thrilled that I finally have my very own Magnolia Tree in my back yard.  No more 'borrowing' leaves from the neighbors!


The total cost of this project was $0.  I have had this twig wreath form for years... might have originally cost $2.  

I plan on using a lot of magnolia leaves in my Holiday decorating - I'm thinking a thick garland swag on my mantle... any other ideas?!

BTW : I was inspired to create this when I saw a similar version at Target... for $35.  What?!  And the leaves were silk.  Yuck.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top