Last week, I created this easy Hors D'oeuvres Party.  We wanted the food to seem effortless and casual, yet special.  We combined both passed hors d'oeuvres and a bountiful food display.  Here's the menu :

Food Display :
Crudites Platter with Green Goddess Basil Dressing
Gourmet Cheese & Berry Platter with Homemade Parmesan Biscuits
Watermelon & Tomato Kebabs with Balsamic
Mini BLT's
Petite Grilled Salmon Sliders with Lemon Caper Aioli
Shrimp & Avocado Sliders
Goat Cheese & Caramelized Onion Puff Pastry Tarts

Passed :
Mini Crab Cake with Red Pepper Aioli


The food display was on the screened in family room.  Everything on the table could be served at room temperature, which is essential!

I created these little signs - aren't they cute!  I just printed them and hot glued a wooden skewer to the back.

I used piles of berries, and lemon leaves to make the cheese really pop.  The parmesan cheese biscuits are super easy to make - they are like homemade cheezits! 

These little Salmon Sliders with Lemon Caper Aioli were a big hit.  I baked a whole side of salmon with a teryaki glaze over it for 20 minutes at 425 degrees, then placed pieces on the sesame rolls.  For the aioli, I started with regular mayo and added a squeeze of fresh lemon, capers, salt & pepper.  Simple. 

I sliced Pepperage Farms French Loaves to get this mini sandwich bread look.

Mini Cupcakes are always popular.  I did vanilla bean, lemon cream and chocolate.  I love these stone cake platters.

On the way out the door, guests took individually wrapped blueberry muffins for breakfast in the morning. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top