I hate to admit it, but I don't read a lot of blogs.  Terrible, I know!  It seems like I just can't find more than a handful that I can remember to keep up with.  One that I never mess is Tessa's Nine and Sixteen.  I'll bring up her name in conversation with my husband like she is a personal friend, "Tessa posted about her son's school talent show today and it was the sweetest thing I've ever read.  Ever."  And, he knows exactly who I'm talking about.

When I started reading her blog my perspective on blogging changed.  She is real in her writing.  She shares her life in such an honest (but not tooooo open and out there) real way that has encouraged me to write in a more personal style.  Her family's lifestyle seems to be of a comfortable, but thoughtful one with home-cooked dinners, plenty of projects and special quiet moments.  She says things like, "When my boys are grown they'll probably say their mother was always in the kitchen {and her closet and car were a disaster} and she read me the best stories."  I love that.  

Tessa shared this recipe for  Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup last April.  When we were on our way back from Seaside last week to our blizzard struck home, I was thinking about this soup and knew it would be the perfect light and fresh, but warm and comforting soup I needed.  Everyone in our family loved it - even Emma.  I loved that everything was the perfect size for her.  It was not too lemony, just enough to bring a freshness to what is otherwise a chicken and vegetable soup. 

Thanks, Tessa!  Here is link to the recipe for Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup on her blog!


The soup is garnished with roasted lemon slices.  If you have never tried cooking a lemon, I highly recommend it - they seem to transform.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top