As I was finishing up my Thanksgiving cranberries and enjoying 
a cup of chai, I thought the chai flavors would work realy well with the
cranberries.  So I dunked a rooibos teabag in the bowl of hot cranberries
and left it in for about 10 minutes.  I was really pleased with the results.

I thought I'd make another batch by making the chai first and using
it as part of the liquid in the cranberries.  Here how it goes:


Ingredients:

12 oz. bag of cranberries
3/4 cup of strong chai rooibos*
3/4 cup of orange juice
One cup sugar
Pinch of salt




*Make chai rooibos using 3/4 cup of boiling water with
two teabags of chai rooibos.  I used Yogi brand.



Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.



Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes until thickened.



Pour into a bowl and bring to room temperature.
Cover and refrigerate when cooled.




The spices in the chai are subtle but add a warm, almost
floral quality to the cranberries.

I love cranberries and will eat all I can for the rest of the year.
I always make extra and enjoy them on toast (or even on ice cream)
after all the Thanksgiving leftovers are all gone.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend
with their family and friends.  Let the holidays begin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top