This weekend we had a late dinner at Michael Smith's Extra Virgin in Kansas City's Crossroad District. It was fabulous. We started with a Lobster & Churizo Fried Rice, then had an excellent seared flat iron steak, Panna Con Tomate (Grilled Bread with Tomato) and ended our night with fresh fried donuts drizzled in chocolate. So delicious.

For tonight's dinner, I wanted to try a couple of these items for a fresh late summer Labor Day Weekend meal.



Grilled Flat Iron Steak
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Basil, Lemon & Garlic Vinaigrette
Sliced Avocado
Grilled Bread with Fresh Tomato Puree

The bread, in my opinion, was the star of the show.

1 soft baguette (I find these in the bakery section at the grocery - they are partially baked that you finish baking at home)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tomato
1 clove of garlic
parmesan cheese

I pureed a tomato in my new mini food processor and let the liquid drain out by placing it in a paper towel lined colander. I drizzled a (soft) baguette with olive oil, then grilled it face down for about 3 minutes. After I removed it from the grill, I rubbed a garlic clove over the grilled side of the bread, then topped it with the tomato puree and some parmesan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top