I'm in the process of creating a new outdoor space for The New House.  Interior photos of The New House are coming soon.  Getting close... promise.

Here is the exterior of the house - it is a cute little Cape Cod style house in Concord, Ma.  I have a lot of projects planned for the inside and outside of the house - wreath on the front door, flower boxes under the windows, urns on the front steps, etc... stay tuned.


This is the existing area between the house and the garage.  Under years of dirt and sand I'm hoping to discover a lovely flagstone patio.

After a some shoveling and a little power washing...
Wal-lah!  Beautiful slate flagstone!  I'm half-way done (currently taking a break to recover and for some lunch...).  I think I can have the rest finished by the afternoon.  Energy willing.

After I get all of the stones exposed and the joints cleaned out, I'll fill and 'grout' with pea gravel, creeping thyme, or grass - if I dare try it again!   (Click here to see the grass & coblestone patio at our first home.)

In the meantime, I'm doing some online shopping in preparation.  Not a lot of shopping, mind you.  My budget is someplace between tag sale steal and target bargain.  Not a huge range.

I think World Market is a great place for basic, tasteful home goods.  They always seem to have something that looks classic and traditional, and most are made from natural materials.  I found some great (affordable!) outdoor pieces I'm contemplating...

Our outdoor space isn't huge - we're creating (actually uncovering - under dirt) a 20 x 20ft flagstone patio.  I think a set of classic Adirondack chairs would be nice.  Wondering if these would actually be comfortable to lounge in?



I like this, but it is not huge on the 'comfy' factor.

Of course, I'm drawn to the grey...


This set looks nice together, but I'm not sure we need this much furniture.  I do like the coloring and the white cushions, though... 

I love a love seat.  I wonder if it is possible to sit in an Adirondack style chair and have dinner?  Would that be awkward?

Oh, and if funds were unlimited, I would order this in a heartbeat...


Leagrave from Restoration Hardware in Natural Linen Weave Outdoor Fabric for $5,000.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top