Mike and I both love a big ole' cake, pie or jar full of cookies.  His all time favorite is a chocolate cake in an old school 9x13 pan with vanilla buttercream.

The problem is that I work from home.

And most days I work with my computer from the kitchen island (we built ourselves!)... which means that big ole' cake is staring at me all day long.  I find myself taking a tiny bite here and there (I'll even keep the fork right in the cake pan - too much work washing all of those forks!).  After a couple of days the pan (or cookie jar, or brownie pan) is empty and I am full.  Ugh.

But... we really like to have dessert at night when we're winding down in front of the TV.  I decided I needed to come up with some mini, individual, easy desserts that I could whip up without making an entire batch.

Keep Reading... Individual Blackberry Crumble Recipe >>





My first solution is an Individual Blackberry Crumble.  Not only was it so good - it was healthy, mostly berries with a small amount of crumb topping (about the equivalent of a half of a cookie split between the two of us).

This is also a great dessert to make ahead for a party - you can make individuals or one large pie.

Individual Blackberry Crumble
serves 2

1/2 pint of Blackberries, rinsed
1/4 cup of flour
2+1* tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 pinch of cinnamon
1/2 pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons of butter, cold
*+1 tablespoon of sugar for topping

Place berries in a 4-inch oven-safe ramekin.  In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients with a fork.  Using the fork, cut up 2 tablespoons of butter.  Put the butter in the bowl with the dry ingredients and begin to incorporate by cutting the butter into the flour mixture.  Continue until the butter is the size of peas.  Use your hands to crumble the ingredients together.  Crumble over the berries.  Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of the sugar over the crumble.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. 


1 bowl + 1 fork


Cut up the butter with a fork.  Make sure the butter is cold.


Smash butter into dry ingredients with the fork. 


Continue to mix until it looks like this - crumbly.


Crumble it together with your hands.


Sprinkle over the berries.


Yum.


Top with sugar.


Bake.

Ice cream highly recommended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top