When I scheduled this trip down to New York for a Martha Stewart packed 3-day trip (click here for all of my posts about the trip!), I knew exactly where I wanted to stay.

I've been anxious to visit at The Bedford Post Inn ever since I saw it featured on The Martha Show.  Owned by Richard Gere and his wife, Carey Lowell, The Bedford Post is a luxurious, cozy 8-room inn just 30 minutes north of Manhattan in Westchester County.

Our stay at The Bedford Post was everything I'd imagined it would be - luxurious, cozy and pampering.  It felt like staying at a lovely country inn... that just happened to be incredibly restored and designed with reclaimed wood, soft muted interiors, and rustic embellishments.  It was a feast for design inspiration!


We arrived at 9pm from a long drive and walked into this perfect little foyer.  My eyes couldn't stop - I think I even instantly got out my camera.  I adore the natural bare wood, heavy bronze hardware, and stunning fixtures.

Beyond the beautiful setting, the staff was graciously accommodating.  We arrived later than planned, so they arranged for our dinner from the "Barn" restaurant on the property to be ready and waiting for us.  Now that is service! 


Our room was incredible.  It was located on the second floor, tucked in the vaulted ceilings of the old farmhouse, which gave it dramatic slopping ceilings and exposed original beams.

Yes, those are fresh baked cookies from the inn's bakery waiting for us on our bed... just exactly what this pregnant lady needed after traveling.

I was taking mental (and digital) notes of all of the color and material choices.  Notice the wall color - the softest whisper of blue.  I'll be calling them for the exact color soon.


The space was very cozy and lofty - every detail was perfect.  Aren't the beams beautiful?


Ahh, the bathroom!


The claw-foot tube was such a treat.  We stayed two nights and I took at least two bubble baths. 



Look at the beautiful mosaic pattern on the marble floor.  Subtle touches such as this that make the inn so unique and special.


I love, love, love the light blue vanity - another shade of blue.  I am thinking it would make a great DIY project for my next dream bathroom.


The walk-in shower was amazing - it was the size of my current kitchen and had two shower heads.



This was a comfortable little sitting room just off of the foyer.  I really like the grey linen sofa (the coloring is a little off in my photo) and pale blue chairs.  I thought the teal painted rustic tables were a great eclectic touch.





This was one of the king suites - it has a balcony overlooking the garden.  I'm really liking that rug... and notice how the drapes are hung all the way at the top of the wall - one of my favorite tricks.


This was the front garden that lead to the restaurant.


Isn't this pool amazing?  I'm convinced that Mike and I could build something similar ourselves... right?


Oh, the parties I could throw in here!  It is the perfect setting for an after dinner cocktail and dessert... perhaps s'mores?!


Another fun spot of blue.  I really like all of the lanterns and hardware on the property.  So rustic.


The Inn features two restaurants - a very casual "Barn" and a more special "Farmhouse."  The menus feature Farm to Table fare focusing on local ingredients.  Both restaurants have received superb reviews... worth a trip to Bedford on their own!

This is the entrance to the Barn.  I think sitting outside in the summer would be so great.


Inside the "Barn," the restaurant is very casual and rustic - don't you love the stone fireplace?


We had a really great dinner.  Mike had "Johnboy's Chicken" and I had the most amazing burger with a pepper relish and fontina cheese.  For dessert I had an unbelievable chocolate gelato with peanut butter mouse and peanut brittle crumbled on top.  Oh wow... 


In the morning, the Barn serves house-made pastries, muffins and scones.  Many of the Bedford locals stopped in for their morning treat - we found that the Inn was quite famous in the area for its baked goods. 


The Pain Au Chocolat had me hooked... I'll be making my own version very soon, hoping to relive our stay at The Bedford Post Inn!

Thanks to everyone at The Bedford Post Inn - we had an amazing stay!

To see all of the details from our Martha Stewart trip to NY (including a personal tour of the offices, and a party at Darcy Miller's home...) click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top