About three years go, Mike and I hosted our first Thanksgiving just weeks after our wedding.  I had all of my new wedding gifts and was thrilled to be hosting.  I shared a set of worksheets that I had made for myself to get organized - they are very similar to the worksheets I used in my catering/event business... without the budget part.

Those worksheets have somehow been lost out there (and I have received a ton of emails requesting), so I recreated them for you.   They can be downloaded, here.


I styled them to match my Thanksgiving Place Cards (now on sale).

This worksheet lists everything you'll need to set the table, self-serve bar, kids table, and details you should prepare for the house - guest towels for bathroom, rake leaves, etc.

Every time I throw a party, I make a list similar to this... for my friends who have hosted showers with me, are accustomed to receiving a couple of spreadsheets with my plans : )    I just find that it makes the day of the event so much more fun if everything is planned for ahead of time.  And written down.  If it is written down, my brain can go on auto pilot during the party and I just have to follow my own instructions for cooking times, what platters to use, etc. 
Because everyone's Thanksgiving is a little different, I've also included blank worksheets you can use to fill out.   Here is the preview of the blank cooking schedule, too.

All of these worksheets can be found to download, here, and are formatted in Numbers (for us Mac users), Excel and PDF's.  Hope they make your Thanksgiving planning fun and easy.


If you're not hosting Thanksgiving, here are some ideas from my store for great hostess gifts.


I also now have a very limited supply of Fig & Cedar Candles, $16, my new scent for November (that sold out in the first 12 hours!). 

















Of course, the My Everyday Candle, $16, is always a good option, too.


















This is the idea I shared a couple of weeks ago - coffee cake baked in a Kraft Loaf Pan, a linen tea towel, wrapped in a large Cello Bag, tied with Edgartown Sand Ribbon.

















The Tablet + Le Pens, $14, is another great gift - now packaged ready for gifting.


And remember, place your order by this Thursday to be able to receive it by Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top