Thanks to Camille, I was able to round up a few more inspiration photos for my bedroom makeover.   

I do love this headboard.   And aren't the flags are cool?


This room is a little too rustic
but I do love a nice graphic quilt or blanket on a bed.




Another nice masculine bedroom.  I love a headboard that has a fun shape.

Like this...


...antique headboard I saw at an online auction.

Aren't the turnings and headboard shapes wonderful?




Do you remember Furlow Gatewood's bedroom from Veranda?  I love the warm gray walls with white trim and brown wood pieces.  I think this gray-brown-cream color palette is my favorite color palette.

Did you notice the floors are painted white?  Love them!


It's a little too fancy for my house and my taste but I love this room.



I love a nice iron bed too.



Here's another favorite room, again with white or ivory painted floors.

Swap out the wall color for a gray and it's a more
casual version of the Furlow Gatewood room.



Every time I redo a room and think about painting the walls, my mind goes back to the walls of John Derian's house in Provincetown.  These look like old horsehair plaster that were perhaps painted white one time and then had layers and layers of wallpaper over them for year


This is another one of my favorite images where the crusty plaster walls are left exposed.

I wonder if there's anyway I could recreate this look by applying wet brown paper of some kind that stains the surface of the wall.



Or maybe some kind of paint technique that looks like raw plaster.

Maybe applying paint with a trowel?




Or maybe dark walls with lots of graphic black and white artwork to break it up.

Too many ideas; too few rooms. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top