We had the most beautiful double rainbow last night.  I wished I could see
the end of it.  I think it went right in to Fenway Park.

Anyway, Webb brought up the fact that some people believe that the Blogger Reading
list is different than Google Reader.  I went to the real Google Reader site for the first time
and all of the blogs I follow were there.  So it's clear they're related but I just don't know if
they're the same thing.  All I can say is it's so easy to join Feedly and Bloglovin' and get your
reading list imported, so why risk it?  It's like the new millenium when all of our computers and 
the electrical grid were supposed to stop working.  We'll just have to wait and see.



In other exciting news, my bathroom radiant floor heating is installed.
I used the Laticrete product called "Floor Heat."  Isn't that name genius?

It comes in a lot of different sizes.  This 15-foot mat was about $150 not
including the little programmable thermostat that operates it.  My bathroom is just
over five feet from door to tub so the 15 feet gave me three five-foot courses that
pretty much covers the open area on the foor.  Does that make sense?



The mat is essentially an electric blanket and comes on a tacky mesh that (sort of) sticks to
the subfloor.  The store recommended using hot glue in a few places to really keep in place.

Even though the mat comes in a one-foot roll, you cut the mesh so you can flip the mat
and then turn it in the opposite direction.  In the photo above you can see where the mesh 
was cut in front of the door, the blue wire was straightened so the mat could turn around.

Still with me?


Once the mat is stuck in place, a layer of thin-set mortar was placed
over the top with a straight-edge trowel.  Once this is dry, it's ready for tile.

The tile is going in today.




The vanity table has been altered--shortened--to fit the space.

As you recall, I had the original top removed and cut down to make
a lower shelf for a basket of towels and to make it impossible to get 
the kitty tumbleweeds from underneath.

The shelf fit perfectly into the leg turnings but you can see it's also got pegs
that really lock it in to place.  The original edge is still on the front of the
shelf and Sam did a great job of finding a routing bit that matches the profile.
I just need to touch up the new edge with some matching paint.

The marble top is being fabricated from a remnant.



As I was thinking about some of the finishing touches I needed for
the bathroom, I was reminded of some glass towel bars I had stashed away
for a rainy day.  It guess today's the rainy day and it turned into a rainbow
because I think they're perfect for this vintage inspired bathroom.

I love when a post comes full circle.
 
Top