We rolled in at 2am last night from Mexico - we had Mike's sister's wedding over the weekend!  Obviously, I have no idea what we're having for dinner tonight, let alone this week, so instead of a weekly menu, I'm sharing this salad I promised a couple of weeks ago.  Hope you don't mind too much : )



This is my favorite Fall salad.  I order it from one of our favorite dinner spots - it has so many flavors and textures.  It goes great with my Apple Cider Roasted Pork Loin and Cheddar Grits, or is great to add some color and freshness to any comforting autumn dinner.  When I served this at home, everyone said - this is a perfect Thanksgiving Salad.  I also like to add sliced rotisserie chicken to make it an all-in-one meal, or served with a butternut squash soup.  Yum - maybe that is what we'll have for dinner!  

Pumpkin Seed & Cranberry
Kale Salad
with Apple Cider Vinaigrette 


4-6 cups of kale, chopped
1-2 apples, medium chunks
pumpkin seeds toasted, salted
dried cranberries
pecorino cheese
....
1/4 cup of cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of apple cider
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of sea salt


Wash kale, spin dry.  In a large bowl, combine kale and apples (not pictured, because I forgot!).  Stir together vinaigrette mixture, then pour over and toss.  Pile on platter and layer shavings of pecorino cheese, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top