Last night's cooking class at A Thyme For Everything was extraordinary - the produce provided by Fahrmeier Farms was unbelievable, the class attendees were enthusiastic and curious, and the recipes were simple and delicious.  

As an avid fan of great photography, I was so thrilled to have photographer Andrew Doak and his wife, Kara, as attendees of the class.   Andrew had his camera and shot the class step-by-step.  He was so generous to share the photos with us.  Thanks, Andrew.  You can find out more about Andrew and his work on his website, andrewdoak.com.


At each place setting, I placed a 'pocket folded' napkin with the Farmers Market Recipe Cards that I created, then accented it with a sprig of fresh basil.  To download the recipe cards, click here.  For more photos of all three of the different table settings, click here!


Fahrmeier Farms (my cousins' produce farm located in Lexington, Mo.) provided a farmers market stand right in the store.  I cooked straight from the bushel baskets and the class attendees were able to shop from it as well.


My Homemade Pickles.  For the recipe, click here!


Beautiful Tomato.  See how much flesh?!


Look at the beautiful heirloom tomatoes!

Here I am preparing the Panzanella, heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, bell peppers, fresh basil, homemade croutons and champagne dijon vinaigrette.  For the complete recipe, click here.


Panzanella.  So fresh!


Now, I'm making the Garden Dressing for the bibb lettuce salad.  Fresh basil, green onions, garlic, sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt & pepper. 


I served the creamy Garden Dressing atop buttery Boston Bibb Lettuce with heirloom tomatoes (of course!).


I'm putting the food processor to work again as I make the fresh Tomato Basil Sauce.  I pulsed together heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil, then cooked it in olive oil and garlic.  I added a little sea salt and sugar.  It cooked for 10-15 minutes.  So simple, and so delicious.  Complete recipe for Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce is here. 




I breaded and fried sliced eggplant.   The breading is a mixture of parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.  The complete recipe for Eggplant Parmesan is here.  I topped each piece of eggplant with a slice of fresh mozzarella, then topped it with the Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce. 




Dessert was fresh peaches, blueberries and blackberries served over a simple vanilla cream sauce.  


The vanilla sauce was made by boiling cream for 10 minutes, then adding some sugar and the seeds from a vanilla bean.

Thanks again to Andrew Doak for sharing his photos with us!  Visit his site and twitter feed,  andrewdoak.com.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top