Here's some photos of the upstairs hall. This is the "before" view coming up the stairs looking back toward the master bedroom. It's hard to see but the walls are covered in pink wallpaper.
And here's the "after" photo. The white oak floors have been stained with Minwax English Chestnut and given two coats of polyurethane. The walls have been painted with flat Benjamin Moore American White which is a warm grayish white and the trim is semi-gloss Decorator's White, also Ben Moore.
This is looking from the master bedroom toward the front of the house "before." The little vintage ceiling light is one of the few that I've kept.
Just a closer shot of the "before." The upstairs windows are low on the walls. The curtains were hung on the window frame which accentuated their position.
And here's the "after." I've moved the curtain rod up closer to the ceiling so the space seems much larger.
Now that I've neutralized this space, I can more easily envision what this can be. I can maybe see a small desk or a nice reading chair and floor lamp...maybe a window seat. I'll have to look for some inspiration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top