Sometimes I'm amazed by how things have a way of working out.  Last year, after living in Concord for a couple of months I had met a couple of people.  Literally, a couple of people.  Sure I waved at our neighbors and at the people at the dog park, but I hadn't met anyone that I would've called a friend- someone that I would've wanted to meet for coffee or invite to dinner.  As a person who spends a lot of time by myself working from home for myself, I'm used to braving the 9-to-5 alone until Mike gets home.  After a couple of months I remember saying to Mike - I miss friends.  Not only do I miss our friends- which is a big deal entirely, I miss having friends.

A few days later my neighbor, Jenny (also married to a Mike...), whom I had never met pulls over on the side of the road while I'm walking the Mr. and invites me to a Mom's Night Out- a Friday night at a local restaurant with a group of girls that need a night out.  Sometimes I'm amazed how things work out.


Ladies Night Cocktail Party on the Patio

It has been so fun for me to get out, meet some local ladies and chat-  just the perfect thing for a new gal in town.  This month I invited the crew to my house for sangria and appetizers on the patio.  Stay tuned this week for more details and all of the recipes!


White Peach Sangria

I think Sangria is a great thing to serve when you're hosting a cocktail party.  It's not just wine, it's not just a cocktail... the best part of both worlds and everyone loves it.

White Peach Sangria Recipe >>






























Creamy Crab Rangoon Dip 
with Vegetables

Everyone loves Crab Rangoon.  Period.  This dip version is basically the cream cheesy filling of the crab rangoon served hot with cold veggies... so good!  You can also serve it with fried wontons if you really want to go for the crab rangoon thing. 

Here is the recipe for Creamy Crab Rangoon Dip

 
























Summer Tomato, Zucchini & Olive Bruschetta

This is one of my favorites this year.  It is fresh and healthy- always nice to have a light option at a cocktail party so your guests can graze all night without feeling bad!

Recipe for Summer Tomato Zucchini & Olive Bruschetta, here!

























Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp Skewers

This was one of my most popular menu items when I was a caterer.  The flavors are amazing with the shrimp... inspired by the Barefoot Contessa, of course.  They work just as well as a main course with pasta or a steak, if you're really going all out.

Here is the recipe for Lemon Basil Grilled Shrimp Skewers!


Bite Size S'mores

These were the hit of the night!  They are all of the goodness of the messy campfire treat without the bonfire or sticky mess.


Stay tuned this week for more details and all of the recipes!























 Here is the easy to pin strip!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top