Since I'm helping promote the book, the wonderful people at Better Homes & Gardens have given me permission to do a little preview of the New Cottage Style book.  It's hard to be completely objective, but I've shown it to quite a few people and they all seem to love the book.



Here's my dining room looking better than in real life after being styled by
the amazing Stacy Kunstel and magically captured by Michael Partenio.

My friends reaction was "Wow, it's so clean!"  It's true.  It almost never looks like this.


I particularly enjoyed this modern take on cottage.   I love the mix of the rustic table, the Eames chairs and the modern light fixture, all in neutral tones.



The book also includes some spaces with unexpected dramatic color on walls and in draperies.



This French-inspired cottage has the most stunning lamps and
light fixtures all throughout the house.  

I also love how the framed herbarium almost becomes modern art.



And there's lots of airy spaces with the bright, fresh colors of summertime.

There's a little something for everyone in this book.  I've thumbed through it at least ten times and each time I find something new.  There's both tons of inspiration and/or lots of pretty rooms you could straight up copy.

More than 100 of you have already signed up so, as promised, I'll be giving away FOUR copies of the book.  I'll cut off comments at 8:00 Thursday evening and draw four winners randomly.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top