I'm feeling like we're almost, almost settled into the new house... we finally have internet!  While we're still missing a ottoman/coffee table, end tables, lamps, artwork, kitchen table... (I could go on), we do finally have a new TV hanging and wireless internet.  Another big piece of the puzzle is that my kitchen is back in business (until we start DIY remodeling next week, that is).


Last week my Mom came up to see the house and she was just about to leave when I said, "Actually, can you watch Emma for just 5 more minutes while I throw this chicken in the oven?"  Literally, that was all it took.  Maybe even less time.  This was our first official meal that didn't come in a pizza box or a takeout container and it was the perfect thing to kickoff a new season in our new house.

I made this recipe two weeks ago for a video shoot for MyWellBeing.com as part of a video entitled "Easy Entertaining."  I challenged myself to prepare a complete dinner party worthy menu in one pan, that could be assembled in minutes and baked in the oven.  No fuss.  This is the recipe that I came up with.  I feel like I am a relatively humble cook, but I've got to say, this was sooo good.  I don't know if it was the fact that just the three of us (me, Mike & Emma) haven't sat down together for a homemade meal in weeks, or the fact that until now we haven't had a dining room to sit in, or that we were sitting in my new dining room chairs (that I love), but this cozy little dinner in our new house finally made us feel like we were at home.


So, after all this build up, I hate to disappoint, but I can't share the recipe just yet.  It will be on the mywellbeing.com website in just a few days (Update!  Here is the link!) along with a video featuring yours truly (yikes!).  Here are my photos from our first dinner at home and some behind the scenes photos of the video shoot.  Enjoy!


I did 4 easy entertaining videos.  This set is set up for easy to assemble appetizers.


I hope to be able to share the videos soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top