After buying the Swedish console table for my bathroom vanity,
I headed to the kitchen and bath showroom to select some fixtures.

We have quite a few options locally for kitchen and bathroom fixtures but
after visiting a few, I chose Waterspot in Natick.  I'm not being compensated
by them in way but I really liked them and I'm happy to share that experience.
I had made a reconnaissance mission a few weeks before and I really liked
the products they had in the showroom and the staff seemed really friendly.


On my second visit, I went in and asked to speak to their bathroom goddess.
It's fun to play around with people sometimes just to see how they react.
The young woman at the front desk went over and whispered to a group
of salespeople/designers and one of them said "Oh, that would be me!"

Mary Ann was my bathroom goddess.



I went in with my Pinterest photos which I'm finding is a really
helpful to communicate your vision to other people.  It's so much easier to say,
"I'll doing a vanity table like this but I want a square basin sink..."

Maryann got my vision and was excited about it.



Okay, can we talk toilets for a minute?  This is the toilet in my ca. 1940
bathroom upstairs.  The tank, or cistern, is hung on the wall
and is separate from the bowl.  I've always loved the look of it but I swear
it takes about 17 gallons of water to fill it.  It's huge!



So when I found this photo on local designer Julieann Covino's blog CreateGirl,
it was toilet love at first sight.  I found them in the Perrin & Rowe catalog
as well as on the webistes of some other English companies.

I took this photo to Maryann and she loved it too.  She got my vision!

The problem is this particular model isn't imported into the States.  

Okay, I thought, I'll have it shipped myself.

But it's not code approved for use in Massachusetts.

We both cried for a minute.  And then regrouped.



Here are the choices I made.


Yes, the sink is modern but I think the rounded edges soften it.

Some of you had concerns or problems with basin sinks, first, that they would be
dated in a few years and, two, functionality in terms of splashing, toothpaste sticking to
the bottom and/or water running down your arms when you wash your face.
My goal is to please you all and these were all things I considered as well
but I chose this sink for a reason I didn't discuss.

When I renovate my kitchen, the second bathroom will be taken out of commission to
restructure plumbing that passes through the kitchen.  So during that the time I have no
kitchen, I'll be grilling all of my meals outside and washing whatever dishes I have in this sink.
So I wanted a nice big sink for my red Solo cups.



The Horus faucet was a splurge.  But I thought it was oh so sexy.



I also thought the "knuckles" on the faucet and the cross handles... 




...paired nicely with the legs of the vanity table.

Even though I couldn't have my dream toilet, the Porcher Lutezia
has a detail that I think makes it work perfectly.  Can you see what it is?
Now on to tile.  This is fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top