For me, lunch is usually something I shove in my mouth to get me through the day - peanut butter and jelly, leftovers, banana with peanut butter, peanut butter and crackers... you get the picture.

Today, I treated myself to Spaghetti al Pomodoro - a lunch I frequently enjoyed in Italy.  I always have the ingredients in the pantry... tomatoes, garlic, angel hair pasta and plenty of parmesan cheese.   If you've got it, add shrimp, chicken, mushrooms or even panchetta.

Spaghettini al Pomodoro (for 2)

1/2 pound of angel hair pasta
1 tablespoon of salt
 2 tablespoons of olive oil
 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can of tomatoes (crushed, whole peeled, or diced)
parmesan cheese

Start a pot of boiling water with the tablespoon of salt for the pasta - don't add the pasta until you've completed making the sauce... it will take just a little while to cook.

In a saute pan, cook garlic in olive oil on low for 30 seconds, or until it begins bubbling.  Add in tomatoes.  If you are using whole, squeeze them into the pan by hand to break them up.  At this point, you can add the pasta to the water.  Cook the tomatoes with the garlic for 2-3 minutes.  Salt to taste.  After the 2-3 minutes, the pasta should be done.  With a pair of tongs, take the pasta directly out of the water and add it to the pan with the tomato sauce.  Addd parmesan cheese and toss to coat.  Done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top