It is Back to School Season!  I've put together a Back to School Guide that will make the beginning of the school year more fun (and manageable!).  These make ahead dinners, easy breakfast recipes and simple desserts will get an A+ from your kids... and will pass the parent taste test, too!


 

As I've mentioned before, I'm not a very delicate eater.  When I was growing up my favorite sandwich was a meatball sub - an entire footlong meatball sub.  I can only imagine what a 90 pound 12-year-old looked like polishing off a meatball sandwich and a couple of bags of chips.  Those were the days!

Meatball subs were always my favorite lunch to take to school.  In those days, we had a big bag of frozen meatballs from Sam's Club and I would throw a couple on a sandwich and call it good.  That was before I discovered how easy it is to make homemade meatballs.


Did you know it only takes 10-15 minutes to make homemade meatballs?  For some reason, meatballs have the reputation of being labor intensive and complicated.  Not true!  Spaghetti and Meatballs are a staple around our house.  In the cooler months, we make homemade meatballs every Sunday night for dinner.  I always make plenty of meatballs to save for the weeks lunches.  Here is my recipe for homemade meatballs and a very simple tomato sauce.

Back-to-School Guide
Meatball Sub Sandwiches

Leftover Meatballs
Tomato Sauce
Loaf of Italian Bread
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Provolone Cheese, sliced

Reheat meatballs and tomato sauce.  Slice loaf halfway lengthwise, and drizzle olive oil over bread.  Place bread in the oven under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, just until it begins to toast.  Top with meatballs and cheese.  Place back under the broiler for 1 minute until cheese begins to melt. Sandwich the two slices of bread with meatballs in between.

If you're sending this along as your child's lunch, use frozen meatballs, tossed in red sauce and placed on the bread with cheese.  The meatballs will be thawed by the time lunch rolls around.  Be sure to also include ice packs to make sure everything stays cool.  The sandwich is just as good served cold as it is toasted!

It is Back to School Season!  I've put together a Back to School Guide that will make the beginning of the school year more fun (and manageable!).  These make ahead dinners, easy breakfast recipes and simple desserts will get an A+ from your kids... and will pass the parent taste test, too!


.........


15% Off Everything Now At DiscountSchoolSupply.comBack-to-School season was such a fun time for me - especially Back-to-School shopping.  I loved getting new binders, crazy pencils and pens, notebooks and of course, the all important backpack.  New creative gear was so inspiring to me - wait, it still is! It must be so hard for families going through tough times to get their kids excited about Back-to-School.  

Join me in giving back this Back-to-School season!  Click on the link to the left, order some school supplies for your own kids (or your new organized office space/craft room...), then with the 15% off, you can afford to spend a little extra to donate to someone less fortunate. 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top