There is nothing quite like gingerbread baking - the wintery spices mixed molasses... mmmm.  This year, I did a handstitched holiday theme for our decorating.  I decided to extend that theme to my holiday baking, resulting in... handstitched Gingerbread Men, Mittens & Candy Canes. 


I decorated all of the cookies with red and white royal icing (recipe for Royal Icing here!) - classic Christmas.  I decided to make all of the cookies a little different - assorted 'knit' red and white sweaters.


Each cookie has 'stitches' in different patterns.  I especially like the snowflake sweater... I wish I could actually knit a real sweater like this!



I used a larger round tip to draw and fill in the mittens & sweater, then a small tip for the stitches.


Knitted Mittens are another element of my cozy Christmas theme.  Again, I did various patterns on each cookie... no two hand-knitted mittens are the same, right?


What shapes of gingerbread cookies will you make this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top