I wanted the table to be casual and feel like a Fall evening... warm, cozy, seasonal.  I created this Fall Table setting using pumpkins I had gotten to display around the house, a plaid wool wrap, ticking stripe napkins, and pewter candle sticks.   Notice everything is in the same color family, but it is not matchy-matchy.  I like the mix of stripes, plaid and the floral scroll on the plate. 

Sometimes I think using over-styled centerpieces seems a little too "planned" for the casual dinners I like to host.  I feel a little silly when I've put together a very elaborate table and centerpiece for a simple, rustic dinner party.  So, I used a cinderella pumpkin as the centerpiece for this table - couldn't be easier.  It is seasonal and beautiful, and you're guests won't ask, "Wow, who's coming for dinner?!" when they see the table.


I used my Spode Woodland plates we received as wedding gifts, a mini white pumpkin (you could also use , brown and cream ticking stripe napkins and silver flatware.  

If you'd like to have assigned seating, you can use the mini pumpkins as holders for the name cards like I did in this Fall Wedding/Party Inspiration Table Setting.

I'm also considering doing a table setting that had a monotone color scheme.  Wouldn't these look great painted a soft almond grey color with white plates, linen napkins and blue pumpkins?  Stay tuned for that!


The plaid wool wrap was a steal from H&M when we were in Italy.  I think it was $18!  


Candlelight is always appropriate for dinner - can't you imagine sitting around this table for hours with great conversation?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top